Wednesday 16 April 2014

Diet and Sore Throat. Do Veggies and Garlic and Onion help.

Since having a lot of sore throats and getting sick frequently with lung problems and the flu, none of which were too serious, the doctor in fact told me I need to start resting more and looking after myself as life was just too busy. I would also advised to change my diet around and I started eating a lot more vegetables.

Now after dinner even if I am just having lean meats or steaks I also make sure I have a salad that is full of vegetables. I have a lot of cucumbers, tomatoes, garlic and onions. In the morning I also have a fruit juice such as orange juice or apple juice. Since I have added this to my diet I have noticed that I am getting sick less often, so by adding extra vegetables to your diet it can help your health in general and hopefully it leads to less frequent sore throats as this has worked for me. 

Another important bit of information is sleep patterns. I will go over this in more detail in a future post but when I was getting sick a lot I was sleeping 5-6 hours a night. Now I make sure I get around 8 hours sleep per night and I am getting sick less and less which are great. So the main message is eat healthy and get lots of sleep, this will help prevent getting sick such as having a sore throat and it will also help beat a sore throat if you currently have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment